Most pre workout supplements make a lot of optimistic promises. According to manufacturers, these products boost one’s energy and workout performance, restoring muscle tissue and preparing your body for intense training sessions. So, how do you know which are the best pre workout supplements on the market?
Effective supplements are powerful energy stimulants that your body uses as its fuel. Although no pill or energy drink will ever work if you don’t develop a healthy and balanced lifestyle, the right kind of supplement will provide that extra boost to improve endurance. Without further ado, here are the best pre workout supplements on the market that you should consider.
* The products presented below are listed by price, from the lowest to the highest one.
1. Assault Muscle Pharm
MusclePharm is one of the biggest supplement manufacturers on the market. It is a well-established and popular brand. All you need for an energy boost is one scoop of Assault Muscle Pharm supplement taken 30 minutes before a workout. You shouldn’t take more than one single scoop because this product contains a high dosage of caffeine.
Besides caffeine, the Assault Muscle Pharm also contains beta-alanine, creatine, taurine, L-glycine, and others. All these ingredients form a good nutrient profile that is more than enough when it comes to boosting energy levels. We recommend you begin with a small dose, even half of scoop. Then, depending on your body tolerance, you can work your way up to a full dose.
- Contains all the necessary ingredients for an effective energy boost.
- It is a potent and effective pre workout supplement.
- It gives you a nice pump and endurance.
- This product has an amazing taste and provides a good value.
- It increases mental focus, and it has received 4.5 stars out of 5 on most review sites.
- Can cause several side effects such as nausea, headaches, jitters, heart palpitations, and even raised blood pressure.
- It contains a high dosage of caffeine.
- Some say it is effective, but it doesn’t provide enough pump.
- Some of the ingredients can upset the stomach if you are sensitive in the area.
2. Nutrex Outlift Fruit Punch Supplement
The Nutrex Outlift Supplement offers a pre-workout advantage by boosting mental focus, endurance, muscle strength, and blood flow. In other words, you will lose fat and build muscle mass during your training sessions. Most consumers say the energy they achieved after taking a dose of this product was stellar. So, the effectiveness of this supplement is more than proven.
It has no side effects, and although it is one of the more expensive products, it is definitely a winner, which is why it made our list of best pre workout supplements. All the ingredients are dosed at appropriate levels, and the resulted mix is a super energizing blend. The Nutrex Outlift contains the right amount of creatine, beta-alanine, and L-citrulline, all of which provide an incredible muscle pump.
- Contains great and powerful ingredients such as taurine, caffeine, creatine, and others.
- All the ingredients are dosed close to perfection.
- It has one of the most transparent ingredient labels of supplements on the market. You will know exactly what ingredients it contains and how much of each the product has.
- Increases endurance, energy, and strength.
- Improves stamina and boost blood flow.
- It can give you headaches and jitters from the caffeine content.
- Some consumers say the flavor is a little too strong.
- There are some possible side effects such as restroom runs.
- There are a few ingredients that are quite ineffective while the caffeine dose is a bit high.
- Its beta-alanine content might cause a tingling sensation on your face, hands, and chest.
3. Gaspari SuperPump MAX Pre Workout
According to consumers, this is one of those pre workout supplements that support high-intensity workouts and muscle pumps. Some even say it is an all-around solid pre workout supplement. It boosts blood flow and mental focus. Moreover, it increases muscle mass while helping you lose body fat.
The Gaspari SuperPump contains vitamin C, vitamin B-12 and other minerals and amino acids. All these ingredients will boost your immunity, lower stress, and increase muscle function. This is an elite supplement with proven effectiveness.
- This product has a wide range of flavors; seven different flavors are available for purchase as of 2017.
- It is easy to prepare and consume, having a convenient packaging.
- It is a positively-reviewed supplement online.
- Boosts muscle strength, endurance, while preventing muscle soreness.
- Enhances vasodilatation, boosting blood flow.
- It seems that the taste of this product is not as great as the one of other pre workout supplements. Consumers say it has an average taste.
- Contains caffeine which might interfere with one’s sleeping patterns and might lead to jitteriness. So, you should avoid taking this supplement before evening workouts.
- It is a little pricey, and some users say it doesn’t really provide the promised effectiveness.
4. S.A.N. CM2 Supreme
The CM2 Supreme tablets claim to provide muscle mass gain, energy boost, endurance, increased strength, and a boost of testosterone levels in male consumers. This product contains creatine which gives you just the right amount of pre workout tingle you need for an increased motivation.
Like many other pre workout supplements for men, the CM2 helps you train longer and more intensely. Still, there’s one thing that surely differentiates this product from all the others available on the market: it provides a molecularly modified creatine. They did this to create a more stable element because creatine is well-known for its unstable properties. Therefore, the CM2 ensures a maximal absorption.
- Contains testosterone-boosting elements that increase body endurance and strength.
- None of the ingredients cause any side effects.
- Provides great muscle pumps and builds muscle mass.
- You won’t have to worry about retaining water in your body because this supplement doesn’t cause water retention.
- Some users say that other formulas created by this company such as C-bol work better than the CM2 Supreme.
- According to some clients, the pills are quite large, and their size might make it difficult for some to swallow them with ease.
5. Vega Sport Sugar-Free Energizer
The Vega Sport Energizer is a pre workout powder. It provides up to 40 servings in its 4.8 oz. container. Also, you will have plenty of available flavors to choose from such as Acai Berry, Lemon Lime, and sugar-free options. This is one of the best pre workout supplements on the market that acts as a fuel for your muscle energy.
It contains two powerful ingredients that provide an enhanced physical and mental focus: green tea caffeine and yerba mate. What consumers like most about it is the lack of added sugars. So, those of you who want to lose weight will be happy to know that a serving contains only five calories.
- It is an Informed Choice Certified product.
- It is stevia sweetened. Also, the Vega Sport supplements don’t contain gluten and soy.
- Improves stamina, mental focus, and it is rapidly absorbed.
- This product contains only natural ingredients.
- It is slightly pricey.
- The taste is not as pleasant as the one of other pre workout supplements.
- Although it is a vegan drink, it doesn’t provide the same number of benefits like other vegan drink brands.
- The dose of green tea caffeine is too low.
6. Cellucor C4 Extreme
This is another one of the best workout supplements for men that provides powerful results. You can consume it every single day. This supplement promises better focus and improved energy while giving you an almost instant power. It is said to deliver strong effects even when consumed in modest dosage.
The Cellucor C4 has launched a lot of flavors, but the best ones are the Neuro and Original formulas. According to users, this product is a well-rounded and solid one, offering endurance and pump.
- It provides a huge energy boost almost instantly.
- This product increases your muscle strength and endurance during workouts.
- It helps the fat burning process by boosting your metabolism.
- It contains vitamins such as B12, C, and B6.
- The C4 received over 2,000 positive reviews on Amazon, gaining 4.3 stars out of 5.
- According to users, not all Cellucor C4 formulas deliver on their promises. Some of them contain too much sugar.
- It contains caffeine which might interfere with some people’s sleep patterns or lead to jitteriness or pre workout tingle sensation. So, people who are sensitive to caffeine should avoid this product.
- The L-Arginine ingredient might cause your blood pressure to drop, but this is harmful only for those of you who already have a low blood pressure.
- It is a bit expensive compared to other pre workout supplements.
7. ProLab Caffeine Maximum Potency 200 mg Tablets
ProLab supplements provide caffeine’s energizing effects without containing added sugar or extra calories. Therefore, this product will meet your workout needs without interfering with your dietary goals. Consumers should take a dose of one tablet every three or four hours or even less. This dosage contains the same caffeine quantity as two cups of coffee.
Besides caffeine, the ProLab supplements also contain 75 mg of Calcium per serving, which represents 8% of the daily needed value. This product has received 4.3 stars out of 5 on Amazon, being reviewed by over 2,700 users.
- It boosts energy and muscle strength.
- You can use it on a daily basis, before workouts without experiencing any side effects.
- It is one of the best pre workout supplements on the market, containing high-quality ingredients.
- The tablets work quickly and effectively.
- Restores mental alertness, while boosting metabolism and fat loss.
- Some users might find this supplement to be a little strong.
- It is not a diabetic-friendly product. So, if you have diabetes, you should avoid taking this supplement.
8. Gnarly Pump
Gnarly Pump is one of the best pre workout supplements in the form of a powder. This is a pre workout supplement launched by Gnarly Nutrition. Most of their containers provide enough powder to last for up to 30 servings. This supplement comes in two different flavors: Orange Mango and Crankin’ Cranberry.
The company prides itself on using only natural ingredients. They don’t include any artificial sweeteners in their products. Moreover, Gnarly Pump is a brand that focuses on providing grass-fed whey protein supplements containing all the necessary elements such as L-citrulline, caffeine, and L-arginine for an intense workout.
- It contains natural ingredients that are great for boosting muscle energy and pump.
- Provides endurance and energy boost due to its creatine content.
- Although it contains caffeine, this product provides just the right amount of it without overdosing this ingredient.
- It contains arginine which is a common element for most pre workout supplements. Still, this will likely not work because it has a lower absorption rate.
- Another unreliable ingredient of this supplement is Lithothamnion which is not yet proven to work.
9. JYM Supplement Science, PRE JYM
This supplement was specially designed to increase both physical and mental focus, blood flow, endurance, and muscle performance. According to the manufacturer, they use a revolutionary technology to develop powerful pre workout products. It contains effective ingredients such as citrulline malate, L-tyrosine, taurine, creatine, and others.
One of the most important aspects to consider is that all the ingredients contained in this supplement were thoroughly researched and dosed. So, it is a verified and certified product. The JYM supplement offers only high-quality proteins and essential amino acids. This product was designed especially for professional athletes and bodybuilders.
- Most reviews are incredibly positive.
- It is a complete formula with all-around benefits.
- The taste is better than the one of other supplements.
- It boosts strength and endurance while providing great muscle pumps.
- It is a reputable product with high-quality ingredients and clinical-made doses.
- There’s no money-back guarantee.
- It is one of the most expensive pre workout supplements on the market.
- Some consumers say it provides plenty of energy but not so much boost effect.
- According to some, a number of ingredients are poorly dosed.
Putting It All Together
Working out intensely without taking one of the pre workout supplements listed above might be a mistake that can lead to muscle rupture or other issues. It is true that having a balanced and healthy diet is primordial. Still, combining a healthy lifestyle with a good and effective supplement might provide even better results. These supplements will boost physical and mental focus, endurance, and muscle strength.
You will burn fat and build muscle mass. So, let us know if you have tried one of these products and how well they worked for you.