CT Fletcher is one of the power lifters with huge chests, and we can take some tips from him. Having competed against some of the strongest power lifters, we can consider his advice and routines valid. The CT Fletcher chest workout routine involves a few exercises you just can’t miss.
All power lifters have massive chests. They build their chests by religiously sticking to exercise routines that have been proven to work. CT Fletcher is certainly one of them. But let’s see what this routine has to offer!
What the CT Fletcher Chest Workout Routine Actually Means
1. The 400 Set Challenge
This involves 400 reps of the Barbell Bench Press workout. Before you start this exercise, you need to rake a barbell with a third of your one rep maximum.
- Lie on the bench and clutch the barbell at shoulder width.
- With fully extended arms, lift the bar and position it over your chest.
- Then, lower it slowly to your chest as you inhale.
- Raise the bar back to the starting position as your exhale.
- Do 20 sets, each with 20 reps.
2. Incline Dumbbell Press
For this CT Fletcher chest workout routine, you will need to grab two dumbbells over your things and lie back on an inclined bench.
- Lift the dumbbells with your thighs and hold them at shoulder width. Your palms should not face your body in the starting position.
- Push the dumbbells up as you breathe out.
- Pause for a second once you reach the top, then lower the dumbbells slowly.
- It is advisable to spend more time lowering the dumbbells than in raising them.
- Do three sets of 5 reps each.
3. 3 Position Chin Ups
In the CT Fletcher chest workout routine, you have to perform chin up exercises in three positions. These are wide grip, normal grip, and close grip. They should be performed with the underhand grip.
- When performing these workouts, keep your elbows tucked to your sides.
- Raise your body till the middle of your chest is at the same level as the bar.
- Then, at the final position, your elbows should be at your side.
- You can then lower yourself until your arms hand straight from the bar.
- Alter the spacing between your arms to the three different positions.
- Perform 30 reps in total; 10 at each position.
4. Incline Bench Cable Fly
This CT Fletcher chest workout routine will need you to set the pulleys at the lowest level from your torso. Then you can place an incline bench between the two pulleys and grab a pulley in each hand.
- Lie on the bench and bring your hand together in front of your face.
- Lower your arms out at both sides. Breathe in and bend your elbows slightly as you do this.
- Exhale as you lower the weights through the same path.
- Repeat this 12 times in each set. You should perform 5 sets for optimum results.
CT Fletcher is a legend in the body building community. Through these CT Fletcher chest workout routine, he was able to gain success as a body builder. The reps and sets recommended are only the minimum.
CT Fletcher advises that you work out till failure. Try out these workouts today to see a change in your chest size.